August 5, 2008

Review: Uni-Ball Color Mechanical Pencil


I am starting to turn the corner on pencils, and this Uni-Ball Color Mechanical Pencil 0.5mm Blue is helping lead the revolution.  I know colored leads have been around for years, but my general lack of interest in pencils made me forget all about them.  Little did I know how much I was missing.  The Uni-Ball performs admirably as well, with a nice feel, comfortable grip, and a nice, spring-loaded cap.

I must not be the only one who likes them - JetPens is currently sold out of 6 of the 12 models they carry.  They generally restock fast though, so keep an eye out if the one you want isn't avaialble.

4 comments:

Felipão G said...

Interesting, but...

are the leads available in normal stores? or do you have to get them thru JetPens?

That is the downside of some rare products (like 0.3/0.4 pencils, colored leads, etc), that if you're in a hurry or if they are out of stock at JP you're screwed.

Unknown said...

You should try those scented leads that jetpens recently added

dowdyism said...

I think I've seen some of the basic colors (blue, red) at the major office supply chains, but nothing like pink or green.

I'm not sure if I can go for scented leads just yet, but I bet I will order some before long. :)

Felipão G said...

You know what, you're probably right on those colors. Ages ago I was talking to an aunt who is an architect, and mentioned something about some leads being available in some colors, but I can't remember anything else (this was like 10 or so years ago), so seems like certain colors have been available for some time mostly for architectural use, and the japanese are trying to bring them to everyday use