August 11, 2008

Review: Pilot Hi-Tec-C 0.3mm Pompadour


Do I ever get tired of Pilot Hi-Tec-C pens?  I haven't yet, and actually, the more I buy, the more I want.  There are certain days at work when I use no less than five different colors or sizes, and that is just for general note taking.  I am always on the hunt for the perfect color, and while I like this Pompadour shade of blue, it's not my favorite.  What I do like is how the 0.3mm tip writes.  This is my first standard barrel 0.3mm (meaning not in a Coleto barrel), and I'm already on the prowl for more.

4 comments:

F said...

So, is the better tip also affecting the way it writes? Does it write better than the Slicci? I love the Slicci, but buying a Hybrid Technica along with a Slicci just to get a larger barrel everytime I misplace my pen at work, home, etc is not a fun task.

Unknown said...

Still looking for a Pentel Slicci to try out!!

dowdyism said...

It definitely doesn't write better than the Slicci. In the past, I have noticed that the regular Hi-Tec-C pens perform a bit worse than their Coleto refill counterparts. This one performs more like a Coleto cartridge is what I guess I was trying to get across.

If Pentel could make a Coleto-type barrel and refills for the Slicci I would be in heaven. :)

Vonni said...

I'm completely in love with this pen as well. Do you know where in the US I can buy this? Short of e-Bay...because I know it retails for about $1.50 in HKG. I'm in love with Mauve, Orange, and Muscat. Please email me back, thanks! vonnibunny@gmail.com