August 29, 2008

Review: Copic Atyou Spica


Marianne from I Like Markers sent me this little beauty.  I wasn't really sure what to make of the Copic Atyou Spica at first.  After all, glitter pens really aren't my cup of tea, but I wanted to give it a fair shake.  So I played around with this Turquoise color for a bit, as well as the Black one she sent, and came away quite surprised.  I am a big fan of porous tip pens, and the tip of the Spica is similar to that.  The line is wide, but is much sharper and cleaner than I imagined it would be.  I'm going to have to find a way to put these to good use, especially when they come up with a marketing line like this:  "Twice the writing length of other pens, 360 yds."  :)

Check out this great review of the Copic Atyou Spica from PaperFections, including samples of all 12 colors.

7 comments:

Slywy said...

"I'm actually surprised I like it so much actually"? :)

dowdyism said...

lmao Slywy! Sometimes I get going too fast, and there is no Moleskine delete button. :)

marianne walker said...

Actually, these pens actually are pretty nice, actually.

If the glitter bugs you on paper, just use it every now and then for coloring in your favorite tattoo. Then the glitter would look more macho.

dowdyism said...

I'm coming after both of you now!

Speedmaster said...

Nice review, Id never seen those before.

kataish said...

I've never seen those either. They don't sell them at my local Copic place :( Mind you they don't sell much besides the sketch markers at my normal Copic place. I foresee an online order in the future.

Well, maybe. If they have them sans glitter. I actually can't stand glitter... actually ;)

dowdyism said...

Oh you are so on the list! ;)